Want to find all the excuses reasons for supporting a RINO, establishment backed candidate versus a conservative in the primary? Look no further than DocZero’s “Swords of Delaware” piece in the Green Room at Hot Air. Or, I’ll just condense his excuses reasons for supporting the Establishment RINO here for you:
1. He (the RINO) is better than the Marxist Democrat opponent. As we used to say in grade school–“No shit Sherlock.” This excuse applies to every Republican primary except maybe the one where David Duke ran as a Republican.
2. She (the conservative candidate) is behind in the polls for the general election. That’s what they said about Reagan. Sure, O’Donnell is no Reagan. But they are just that, polls. The good people of Delaware now have a real choice between real “change” and maintaining the status quo.
2A. Her conservative stance on most issues won’t do any good if she loses. Oh, puhleese. As if his liberal views would do us any good if he won? How did that whole Jim Jeffords Arlen Specter thing work out for the Republican party? We ran the RINO in the last presidential election and look where it got us.
3. Every race is different, aka “Conservatives can’t win in Blue States.” That’s what they said about Reagan.
4. “The nuts and sluts” defense. Oh, come on, DocZero, you did it in such a gentlemanly manner, but you did it. Linking to other sites that made the case more forcefully is just the cowardly man’s way out. She has mispoken. She took too long to get her degree. She doesn’t have enough money. Blah blah blah, did I miss any? Frankly, I’m tired of rich legislators who believe that they know best how I should run my life. I want a young, hungry legislator who will listen to the people who elected her instead of being led around by all the other rich people in Washington. If she doesn’t work out, send another, and another, until we find one who works for the people.
5. She has no “significant legislative experience.” Neither did Reagan before he ran for Governor. Or Mark Warner or Jim Webb of Virginia. At the very least, she has not been part of the problem. And see 4 above.
In the final analysis, DocZero is either a RINO/”ruling class” supporter, which I doubt, or a spineless quitter who wants to surrender before the fight even begins. If you support conservatism, support conservative candidates. They said the exact same things about Marco Rubin during his primary–he could not win the general election—but now he is way ahead in the polls. Americans want change, real change, come November. People who supported Castle do not want change, they just want to regain power. They are no different from huge corporations who hedge their bets and donate to both parties: they don’t care who wins, because there isn’t a dimes worth of difference between a RINO and a Democrat.
Shame on you, Doc. I thought better of you.