Last night at poker the discussion came up that a worker at one of the player’s house was afraid of some poison ivy. I said I did not blame the worker because late in life I have developed a severe allergy to it. The guy next to me (you know who you are Roland), jesting said something to the effect of “watch out, I have poison ivy” and rubbed his hand on my hand. Not in a gay way, it was a manly manner. I thought nothing further of it and continued to dominate the table until leaving with a $2,400 win (I won’t mention what happened at last week’s game).
Lo and behold I awoke this morning with what appears to be poison ivy reaction on my hand right where he rubbed his hand against mine. Damn you urushiol! All the websites that I searched pooh-poohed the idea of it spreading person to person unless the poison ivy had never been washed off the original person’s hand. All I know is that my left hand appears to be having a reaction, and I have not been around ivy. I haven’t had a reaction to it in several years because I am careful. What up?