Slick Willy re-writes history; NYTs complicit

From the nations’ favorite birdcage liner, Bubba writes about the anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing

…”Finally, we should never forget what drove the bombers, and how they justified their actions to themselves. They took to the ultimate extreme an idea advocated in the months and years before the bombing by an increasingly vocal minority: the belief that the greatest threat to American freedom is our government, and that public servants do not protect our freedoms, but abuse them. On that April 19, the second anniversary of the assault of the Branch Davidian compound near Waco, deeply alienated and disconnected Americans decided murder was a blow for liberty.” 

Who was responsible for killing those poor souls at Waco, Bubba?  The buck stops…at Janet Reno!  Anybody but Bubba!  And what about those citizens murdered at Ruby Ridge?  Anybody but Bubba!  Acts that YOU were responsible is what “drove the bombers” to commit murder.  It wasn’t talk, it wasn’t the idea that the Government is too powerful, it was the murder of innocent women and children by the government that “drove” them.

…”Criticism is part of the lifeblood of democracy. No one is right all the time. But we should remember that there is a big difference between criticizing a policy or a politician and demonizing the government that guarantees our freedoms and the public servants who enforce our laws.”

Wrong again, Bubba!  The “government” doesn’t “guarantee our freedoms.”  Guns and guts guarantee our freedoms. The reason despicable creeps like you shy away from taking our freedoms is fear.  Fear of what will happen when you try.  Fear of an armed and dangerous citizenry, many of whom have not turned into little sheeple, willing to allow you to whittle our freedoms down to nothing. 

Do I agree with McVeigh, or the guy who flew the plane into the IRS building? Of course not.   If we come to the point where despots need to be killed, don’t pick on those just doing their job.  If you are gonna kill the tyrants, KILL THE TYRANTS, not innocent worker bees. 

And it is perfectly fine to demonize those in government who are willing accomplices.  I, personally, want the government workers to fear us.  We may not kill you, but  you damn sure better remember that you work for us.  If you forget, damn right we will demonize you. 

7 responses to “Slick Willy re-writes history; NYTs complicit

  1. Lipton T. Bagg

    I must admit, Slick Willie took me for a ride as well. I was kinda OK with the original text of comments – but after hearing the audio – inserting inflection and context – and adding his weekend comments it was clear he was practicing more historical re-writing.

    All the while, Willie failed to acknowledge his own complicatedness in nearly 10 years of escalating violence against America.

    And oh, by the way, when did Willie political cred return? Isn’t this the guy who was impeached AND paid a fine AND loss his license to practice law for 5 years for PERJURY?

    Do you realize how BADLY a lawyer has to lie to have his license suspended for 5 years??? Pretty fucking bad!

    Oh, damn, sorry John… 🙂


  2. Lipton T. Bagg

    Did anyone else notice the conspicuous absence of our usual team of liberal dissenters? Can’t be my hygiene – I bathed last week!

    Maybe we are not on this week’s “hit list”…


  3. No, you don’t have to apologize to me. Lawyering is a racket overseen by lawyers and ex-lawyers (judges).

  4. There are “good” lawyers out there…they’re just hard to find. 😉

  5. Lipton T. Bagg

    You misunderstand, the apology was meant to exclude you from the commentary applied to Slick Willie….

    Referring to “lawyering” as slime is, well, somewhat redundant. Like shitting on the New York Times, as such…

    As you might surmise, I view the legal system as a necessary evil. I know few who it has served well, save lawyers and ex-lawyers. But it’s still better in America than most everywhere else.

  6. Lipton T. Bagg

    Yep, hard to find, and almost always in the modest office in the modest building with the modest pictures of their modest families.

    These are the guys and gals in the profession who I respect the most.

  7. I remember some rejoinder that a lawyer made to a physician, after the physician made a snarky remark about how backwards the law is [I paraphrase]: While your brethren were using leeches to bleed people, our brethren were writing The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution.

    99% of all lawyers give the other 1% a bad name.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s